Meet Nicole Gopoian Wirick, JD, CFP®
Financial planning with a personal touch.
One of Nicole's greatest joys is developing a relationship with her clients, who have become a meaningful part of her life. Nicole Gopoian Wirick, JD, CFP® founded Prosperity Wealth Strategies to help clients define and achieve prosperity.
Nicole believes that the building blocks of a successful advisory relationship include open communication and mutual understanding coupled with compassion and tenacity.
- Completed Juris Doctor, cum laude from Wayne State University
- Earned Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Nicole also holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification.
After law school, Nicole started her career in a young leadership rotational program at a global financial services firm. During that program, she found her passion for financial planning and focused most of her rotations around that topic.
Nicole also served as a Vice President at a regional broker-dealer, where she was responsible for bringing financial planning to her region that had no previous exposure. She loved seeing how planning allowed advisors to bond with their clients and better understand their needs. When Nicole met her mentor, she was inspired to take a leap of faith and leave her comfortable corporate job to pursue her passion as a fee-only financial planner.
The fiduciary standard and planning-centric values resonated with Nicole. Prior to founding Prosperity Wealth Strategies, Nicole gained exposure to trust services at a bank trust company and deepened her study in tax. She has found that her legal and trust background has provided a valuable resource for clients.
Nicole has been a guest speaker and member of multiple organizations focusing on financial planning.
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metro Detroit
- Financial Planning Association Michigan Chapter.
- Nicole spoke on practice management at the Financial Planning Association
- Featured guest on podcasts discussing the importance of financial planning
- Former board member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Michigan, the leading membership organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals and those engaged in the financial planning process.
Recognizing an absence of women-focused networking and programming, she revived the Women & Finance Knowledge Circle as a subgroup within the FPA of Michigan. Boasting engagement with over 100 members and growing, the mission of this group is to advance women in financial planning through mentorship, networking and learning. Passionate about connecting women in finance, Nicole expanded the scope of her outreach to FPA chapters in surrounding states to foster greater connectivity.
Nicole believes in giving back to her local community and has served on the board of directors for Variety, the Children's Charity Detroit chapter and has co-chaired the Alzheimer's Association Spring Soiree. Seeing how cognitive impairments have impacted her clients and family, she has become passionate about working to find a treatment, cure or prevention to Alzheimer's Disease.
Nicole and her husband Adam live in Bloomfield Hills with their two rescue dogs, Zula and Zeppelin. Nicole and Adam enjoy traveling, food and wine, golf and photography. Nicole is proud of her Armenian heritage and also enjoys spending time with her family.